HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WCC Forum Reviews

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Information
Titania

Founder

Titania

WCC Forum Reviews Manage12
Credits : 497
WCC Forum Reviews Green10

WCC Forum Reviews Empty

PostSubject: WCC Forum Reviews   WCC Forum Reviews EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 4:43 am http://winxclub.site-forums.com

Reviews from FM will be posted here by @Titania.

Last edited by Titania on Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Information
Titania

Founder

Titania

WCC Forum Reviews Empty

PostSubject: Review on April 30, 2015 by Nemo   WCC Forum Reviews EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 4:45 am http://winxclub.site-forums.com

WCC Forum Reviews Yourfo10
Winx Club!

WCC Forum Reviews 111First ImpressionsWCC Forum Reviews R_8-1010
WCC Forum Reviews 211General Forum Appearance WCC Forum Reviews R_7-1010
WCC Forum Reviews 311Forum ActivityWCC Forum Reviews R_6-1010
WCC Forum Reviews 411Staff & UsergroupsWCC Forum Reviews R_9-1010
WCC Forum Reviews 511Forum OriginalityWCC Forum Reviews R_10-110
WCC Forum Reviews 611Forum Layout & OrganizationWCC Forum Reviews R_10-110
WCC Forum Reviews 712Grammar & SpellingWCC Forum Reviews R_10-110

Conclusions

• Visiting your forum for the first time, I notice a very big image which is used as your community’s main logo. Without having yet scrolled down, I am able to see the title and the description that you have added. The title could have been included in the logo in order to be more professional and more beautiful. Then, there is a weird navigation which does not really fit with the rest of the design. Since Forumotion gives us the possibility to take advantage of a portal, I believe that it is wise to use this feature. Portals could be used in order to provide some useful information about your community, increase your social network presence and make your community much friendlier! All in all, my first impressions are decent! Let’s start analysing your forum’s design. The light blue background seems quite good, but light themes do have a major disadvantage. They are annoying and exhausting if you spend hours browsing. I feel that dark themes with white text are more relaxing because they are better for the eyes. In my opinion, the theme should be changed. However, I would like to send you an official opinion of a Post Doctoral Fellow who is an expert in this field.
    Jason Harrison – Post Doctoral Fellow, University of British Columbia wrote:
    People with astigmatism (approximately 50% of the population) find it harder to read white text on black than black text on white. Part of this has to do with light levels: with a bright display (white background) the iris closes a bit more, decreasing the effect of the "deformed" lens; with a dark display (black background) the iris opens to receive more light and the deformation of the lens creates a much fuzzier focus at the eye.
    In addition, your navigation bar should be modified. You could add a hover and change its background color.
    Moreover, your forum main icons ( New, Old, Locked ) are very interesting, just like all the icons of your community. They are adorable! I was also impressed with the ranks and with the images in the description of each category. Congratulations to Diana who created them! Excellent work! Finally, there is an unwanted empty box in Who is online section which needs to be fixed.
    WCC Forum Reviews ZD5qYYB
    About you forum activity, there are 14 registered users and 1100 posted messages. It seems that your staff members are trying to create as much content as possible since two administrators have posted the 90% of all the messages in the board. Furthermore, in the last 24 hours, there has only been one member online. It is essential that you find more members in order to keep your community alive and active. I would definitely recommend you to organise some competition with money prizes. Who does not want to gain more money nowadays? Also, it would be very beneficial if you could add your social networks somewhere in the forum. Now, I am not able to check your social network pages if they exist. I cannot say more about this domain, but I am certain that you understand that the statistics should be improved, otherwise the visitors will not be interesting in registering in a dead community. Your staff is very active, as I previously said and your usergroups' duties are very comprehensive! I should mention though that the group Role-Playing Moderators has a yellow color which cannot be read because of the light blue background.
    Your forum is pretty unique and original that’s why it is attractive! Also, the forum layout and organisation is quite satisfying! Your categories follow a logic and the hierarchy is just like it should be. In conclusion, I am not able to find any grammar or spelling mistakes! Well done!

Forum Strengths

• Forum Originality
  • Staff Activity
  • Forum Layout

Forum Weaknesses

• Forum Appearance
  • Forum Activity

Average Review Score: 8,5

Information
Titania

Founder

Titania

WCC Forum Reviews Empty

PostSubject: Re: WCC Forum Reviews   WCC Forum Reviews EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 4:52 am http://winxclub.site-forums.com

WCC Forum Reviews Yourfo10
Winx Club!

WCC Forum Reviews E6ep1z10First ImpressionsWCC Forum Reviews R910_z10
WCC Forum Reviews 2hewum10General Forum Appearance WCC Forum Reviews R810_z10
WCC Forum Reviews 2vd37s10Forum ActivityWCC Forum Reviews R710_z10
WCC Forum Reviews 20iz7210Staff & UsergroupsWCC Forum Reviews R810_z10
WCC Forum Reviews 2na4qb10Forum OriginalityWCC Forum Reviews R1010_10
WCC Forum Reviews 35bh8h10Forum Layout & OrganizationWCC Forum Reviews R1010_10
WCC Forum Reviews 16hlu611Grammar & SpellingWCC Forum Reviews R1010_10

Conclusions

• My first impressions for your forum are really good! You did a great job, and the first impressions begin with a "wow!", at least for me. The colors and the images are some of the main subjects i've been amazed with. The colors are well matched together and the images are so noticed that give you the impression of the winx main subject of the forum. Your general forum appearance is also very good. I've notice a great work for the logo and the background and also all the colors that go all around your forum and they are all excellent. I've noticed two things i'd want you to know and these two thing are the length of your widgets and the hover cursor for the forum buttons. I'd prefer to see a smaller length for your forum because for some screen analysis the widgets length is bigger than the forums length. And also the cursor for your forum button is not changing once you hover the button. Try making the code for the button with a cursor:ponter; to your CSS rule to have it change to the normal hand once you hover it. I'll have to admit that your activity is going good. There are not so many people that login, if you notice your 28 members, but still the activity of the forum is big. Great job you did there. The staff and usergroups for me is too much but due to the forum's main subject i cannot say whether they are too much or not. For my personal tastes i'd rather see 2-3 less groups. Your forum originality is unique. You have a unique forum i've never seen. It is looked up to the smallest detail and it has amazing views.Also the forum layout and organization is looked up to perfection. A few categories with all the information needed to inform and to keep your members informed and working. Last but not least your grammar spelling and mistakes are just the ones i've spotted:
    Welcome To Winx Club! > informations
    Chatta! & Oblivion > the first letter should be below the image and not next to it so all descriptions would look the same. Try adding <br /> before those letters to the description.

Forum Strengths

• Images
  • Colors
  • Layout
  • Activity
  • Impressions

Forum Weaknesses

• Widgets length
  • Forum length
  • Some coding issues

Average Review Score: 8.86 /10 (Excellent Job!)

Information
Sponsored content

WCC Forum Reviews Empty

PostSubject: Re: WCC Forum Reviews   WCC Forum Reviews Empty

WCC Forum Reviews
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1